Sunday, June 12, 2022

Stepping out, Moving On, and Looking Back

 On Tuesday of the last week we took a walking field trip to Szymanski Park!  I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time.  It was a ton of fun to be out in the world with the Kindergarten crew and to meet up with so many family members.

Back at school on the last day we headed out to the track to send off the Fifth Graders.
The kids insisted I take "a silly one"!

Our final activity as a class was something I like to call "Unroll the Scroll".  We've been working towards it a little bit each day- literally.  A component of our End Meeting (or closing circle) each day is to choose one thig from the day that we want to record with a few words and a picture on our scrolling calendar.  On Friday, I took the spool of paper off and we let the year roll back before our eyes.  Actually, we started from the beginning and took a long walk forward and back down "Memory Lane".  I hope it's a memory that will stick with the children for years to come!  

Happy Summer!






















No comments:

Post a Comment