Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Working Around the Glitches

It's been a while since I posted simply because I encountered a problem with all my photos turning sideways when I transferred them from email.  Well, I'm back!  And I will do my best to catch you up.  Soon after we returned from break we found ourselves feeling "winter-y" but with no snow on the ground.  No problem I thought, let's read a classic- Lois Ehlert's Snowballs.  In this book Ehlert, being the amazing illustrator that she is, collages together snow people with natural and found materials.  We took to the playground to collect and then added to our collection with items from the craft shelves.  The next day we created our "snow creatures" and the day after that we named them and wrote about what materials we used. Finally, we had a ton a fun playing a guessing game in the hallway as I looked at the display, read the clues that each child wrote, and then the children guessed which snowman/woman/dog/rockstar etc. was which!  Have a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment